CEDRO 5, which started in 2019, is an ongoing project by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) aiming to promote & support Renewable Energy in Lebanon. It consists of 5 main activities:
- Innovation, entrepreneurship & research
- Technology transfer
- Policies initiatives & enabling environment
- Vocational training & capacity building
- Awareness raising & donor visibility The Association of Lebanese Industrialists (ALI) has partnered with the UNDP to support the implementation of activities 2,4, and 5.
For its part, ALI is contributing to numerous initiatives which include:
- Improving energy efficiency in industries
- Installing 2 new solar photovoltaic systems with a storage capacity
- Enhancing 2 existing solar photovoltaic systems
- Piloting 3 heat recovery systems with medium to high payback period for industries of high heat demand.
- Installing 2 biogas systems for specific cases such as:
- Animal farms or slaughterhouses
- Agrofood industries
- Municipal solid waste sorting plants